Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nylon In Running Tights



Before getting married I lived close to the Park Colle Oppio, a few meters from Via Maecenas, in Via Ruggero Bongos. I shared an apartment with some young American students. There was a bustle. Once there was also a French girl and then there was that Nina was English. It was a bohemian life. But at home we still follow the rules and we were all clean and tidy, and get along. Living in this house I met Pino. In the parish of the district we were married. I never thought that one day I would have moved back near Via Ruggero Bongos. This time the other side of Via Merulana. During my daily commute I see continually building and also our old church of Saints Peter and Marcellinus. My old diary in the house before they were in the basement, forgotten. Not having a basement I have now placed on the shelf near the bed in order of date and when you sleep at night I open one walks around it. I think, the most beautiful books ever read, my life. The diaries before my marriage I just threw them. A new life began. After moving into this house on the Esquiline I lived for many months in two worlds, as I was surrounded by a soft housing nostalgic. There was the modern world, again, to adapt, with vivid impressions, burst. And the world was retrospectively when the beauty of youth and youth with all your friends are struggling to survive without being overwhelmed by too much concern. He was young, strong, courageous, and not alone. I never asked for my help, but I knew they were there, in Canada, volendomi well. Starting, my purpose was to travel for a while for Europe retain labor and one day return to Canada. I never thought of marrying an Italian. It 'was a surprise for my family who, when they have known him well, but just wanted to suffer for the distance that separated us. We, Pino and I love and look forward to being together, and with just the thought of putting up our nest soon.
To my knowledge Pino, Shirley and Bert have took photos of us in the park of Colle Oppio.


Rome, 1959.

0 comments:

Post a Comment