Saturday, February 19, 2011

Operation Repo Dirt Bike

Danny Boy

Last night while I was doing research on the computer for my next post I listened to the music that was broadcast on Classical 102. I stopped abruptly, I was immobile. Was sent "Danny Boy, "with orchestra and Nigel Kennedy on violin. A great emotion took possession of me, nostalgic emotion, tears burning behind her eyelids. Nostalgia moved back in time, stopping at all places where I was in my life as a child until today and I felt and saw in these places that you have all my loved ones. My thoughts wrapped them one by one and all together. It 's amazing how a song can put the soul in turmoil. When the song is over after a while I reacted and I clicked on Google Danny Boy. I did not feel so long, but I know that in the past I was excited. I wanted to know More on this beautiful Irish song, and now there is this miraculous machine that helps me to discover many things.
Danny Boy is the title of a popular ballad that is part of the folklore of Ireland, whose text was written in 1910 by Frederick Weatherly, a lawyer originally from Scotland who never had occasion to visit the island of Ireland. The words of the song has been set to music on the music of another popular motif in Ireland, Londonderry Air (or Derry Air).
The original text is based on a message of greeting a woman addressing a man, but the same author wrote a few years after the publication in 1918, the song could also be performed by a male interpreter. The textual meaning of the song can be found in a farewell from a father to his son (or a grandfather to grandson) the imminence of his departure for war or for the movements of emigration due to the diaspora that would lead then to Irish Civil War.
"Danny Boy" is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Running with Nigel Kennedy on violin is incredibly beautiful. Clicking on the video of Eva Cassidy I heard a divine interpretation. Below the video there were some comments. A lady writes: "I am folding laundry as the great Eva Cassidy sings" Danny Boy. "Her sound is crystalline and ethereal, seductive and soaring. I am amazed by the way three minutes and 41 seconds of music can leave a sobbing girl into a dish towl. "Another comment is" I Feel Sorry For Those Who Have not heard the otherworldly beauty of Eva's voice ... She is a keeper. "
Many singers have performed this song, among other things Deanna Durbin and Mario Lanza, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, AndyWilliams, The Larks, Gerry Timlin, Joe Dolan, Frank Tenaglia, Peppino di Capri, Jim Reeves, Roy Orbison (comments: "This song broke me up. Tears and memories Things like this Should never be heard by mortal man, Both he and this song belong in Heaven. And I Guess That's where he now sings it" And: "All versions are special to me, as It Was the first song I ever learned to sing. I was eight. "). The comment under the video of Celtic Woman's song" This song is old and I am only 17 and yet it Brings tears to my eyes. "And by Foster & Allen:" It is possibly one of the Most Beautiful sounds on Earth. "Most or perhaps the whole of these singers have gone to another life, but one is still very young and sang Danny Boy ten years ago when he was 9 or 10 years. His version I liked it a lot. Immortal for us mortals.


0 comments:

Post a Comment